The available market is developed by 10%. According to world statistics, people’s need for endoprosthesis is about 1,000 sick and injured people for every 1 million people per year. That is, the need of the population of Ukraine is about 40,000 operations per year. Until 2023, about 10,000 endoprosthetics per year were performed in Ukraine.
In 2023, the number of such operations will also be less than 10,000, due to the war and the economic situation in the country. Thus, the number of patients increases every year. Nowadays, the market of endoprostheses in Ukraine is from 100 thousand to 120 thousand operations per year. There is also a huge need for custom affordable 3D products to treat wounded soldiers.
General purpose – move the processes of policy formation in Ukraine to the level of the best practices and EU standards:
- Establish benchmarks for Ukraine in industrial policy.
- Align approaches and practices in Ukraine with the best EU practices.
- Determination of the roadmap for the necessary changes in Ukraine in development of industrial policy and strategies.
- The purpose of the KAMVIR project: solving social issues in Ukraine by implementing the necessary modern technologies in state, public and private structures.
Goals of the KAMVIR project:
- To ensure the need of Ukrainians for modern, high-quality and affordable endoprostheses and other orthopedic devices.
- To produce “value added” at the expense of production and thus develop the domestic economy.
- At the expense of exports, ensure receipt of significant foreign exchange funds in Ukraine.
- To provide an additional incentive for development of science and production in Ukraine.
- To involve modern advanced technologies in production.
- Exchanges and visits with 3 EU target countries (Czech Republic, Poland and France).
- Research of policy-making processes / comparative analysis.
- Preparation of a roadmap of changes in Ukraine.
- Final reporting and distribution/communication campaign.
- Much better coordination and cooperation between the organization’s business support service and government bodies in Ukraine regarding industrial policy.
- Increasing efficiency of policy-making (quantity and quality of the new law of supply).
- Improving the process of industrial dialogue between the EU and Ukraine.
- New cooperation initiatives between participating countries, supported by their governments.
UA side: Ukrainian Cluster Alliance, Medical Cluster, KAMVIR Medical Products Manufacturers Cluster, Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Ukraine, parliamentary committees, Ministry of Economy, Ministry of Strategic Industries of Ukraine.
EU side: FPPP (Poland), CzechInno (Czech Republic), CIMES (France), European Clusters Alliance, UNIDO.
The reasons for printing with metals are very strong, as some 3D-printed parts have already caught up, and some have even surpassed those produced by traditional methods.
Traditional production of metals and plastics is very wasteful - in aircraft industry, for example, up to 90% of materials go to waste. Output of products, in some industries, is no more than 30% of the material used.
3D printing with metals consumes less energy and reduces the amount of waste to a minimum. In addition, a finished 3D-printed product can be up to 60% lighter, compared to a milled or cast part.
Our choice is osteobiointegrated 3D manufacturing technology of high-quality, competitive domestic products in the field of orthopedics.